Run Away, Run

Run Away, Run

Sunday, March 23, 2014

souvenirs of the road.

Here is a post I am going to be continuous with for ideas on souvenirs from route 66.

This trip is such a once in a lifetime adventure. I will tell my grand kids the story of how my two best friends and I cruised down the mother road in a mustang convertible. I will tell them the details of the dusty air and the size of the cacti as I show them the color of the sand I pulled off the side of the mountain in Arizona. It's those small mementos that make our memories so vibrant. 

This is a jar of sand, how cool would it be to take sand from every state. and put them in separate jars until i could layer them in a big one like this. I bet it would be beautiful. 

This is another one I will be doing. I want to make an art piece of where we went on our journey. 

Another great Idea, Memory Jars from every state. It could be a matchbook from a BBQ stop or the tickets from the show

The little items that accumulate in your wallet or purse while you're traveling like Ticket stubs, transit passes, hotel key cards, business cards, menus. Make a travel diary out of these. Take a small journal with you and tape these items into it at the end of each day. Write a quick recap of your experiences or memorable moments. This works for natural items too! 


UGGGG!! I can not wait to collect little trinkets on the way! 
This will be a trip of a life time!

-Mary

1 comment:

  1. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up and find here Nintendo eShop goft card codes

    ReplyDelete